Types of Non-woven Fabrics
As seen in the table below, non-woven fabrics are one of the main apparel materials, and they are also widely used. The following are several classifications of nonwoven.
Non-woven fabrics are mainly made of polypropylene (PP) and polyester (PET). In addition, there are nylon (PA), viscose fiber, acrylic fiber, polyethylene (HDPE) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). According to the application requirements, non-woven fabrics can be divided into two categories: one-time application type and durable type. And on the basis of production process, it can be divided into:
- Spunlaced non-woven fabrics : Spunlaced process is to spray high-pressure micro-water into one or more layers of fiber mesh, so that the fibers intertwined, so that the fiber mesh can be strengthened and have a certain strength.
- Thermal bonded non-woven fabric: Thermal bonded non-woven fabric refers to adding fibrous or powdery hot-melt bonded reinforcing materials into the web, which is then strengthened by heating, melting and cooling.
- Pulp air-laid non-woven fabrics: air-laid non-woven fabrics can also be called dust-free paper, dry paper-making non-woven fabrics. It uses air-flow netting technology to loosen the wood pulp fiberboard into a single fiber state, and then uses air-flow method to agglomerate the fibers on the screen curtain, and then reinforce the fiber net into cloth.
- Wet non-woven fabrics: Wet non-woven fabrics are made by loosening the fibre raw materials placed in water medium into single fibers and mixing different fibre raw materials to make fibre suspension slurry. The suspension slurry is transported to the netting mechanism, and the fibers are netted and consolidated into cloth in the wet state.
- Spun-bonded nonwovens: Spun-bonded nonwovens are continuous filaments formed by extrusion and stretching of polymers. The filaments are laid into nets. The nets are then bonded by self-bonding, thermal bonding, chemical bonding or mechanical reinforcement to make the nets non-woven.
- Melt-blown nonwovens: Melt-blown nonwovens process: polymer feeding – – melt extrusion – – fiber formation – – fiber cooling – – Netting – – reinforced fabric.
- Needle-punched nonwovens: Needle-punched nonwovens are a kind of dry nonwovens. Needle-punched nonwovens use the puncture function of needles to reinforce the fluffy fibre web into cloth.
- Sewing non-woven fabrics: Sewing non-woven fabrics is a kind of dry non-woven fabrics. Sewing is to use warp knitting coil structure to reinforce fibre web, yarn layer, non-woven materials (such as plastic sheets, plastic thin metal foil, etc.) or their combination to make non-woven fabrics.
- Hydrophilic non-woven fabric: mainly used in the production of medical and health materials, in order to achieve a better feel and non-scratching skin. For example, sanitary napkins and sanitary gaskets make use of hydrophilic function of hydrophilic nonwovens.